If you recently trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour, either in church, or at home, or perhaps through reading the gospel presentation on a church tract or website, you might be wondering, “Now what do I do? What does the Bible say about my new relationship with Christ?”
First, salvation is the beginning, not the end. When a person gets saved, they are “born again.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 tells us, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” God did a very special work in you when you trusted Jesus as your Saviour.
- He forgave all of your sins.
- You were indwelt by the Holy Spirit, Who now lives within your body, making it His temple.
- Your name was written in heaven.
- Your spirit was made alive again.
- Heaven became your eternal destiny.